6.11.2009

SNOW AND ST LUCIA

1.26.09
After packing up the last of my things into the car (and that includes Miss Sophie Mophie) we drove to St. Louis the Sunday after getting married. Patrick had to work that week before we went on our honeymoon. 
Monday morning, my first real day as an implant from the south, I woke up to a snow storm. I hate the cold. And I surely don't know how to drive in the snow - Birmingham shuts down with the prediction of snow. So I unpacked, pretty much refused to drive anywhere, and waited for our trip to St. Lucia!

We made it! This is our villa. We were located by the Piton Mountains and had an AMAZING view from our windows, porch and pool.
Our own pool...very nice - but surprisingly cold


A terrible attempt at taking our own picture. It kinda looks like he is going to throw me in and we've only been married a week........


This is just one of the views from our villa



The beach was actually down the mountain from our villa, but there were shuttles to take you there. This beach and the surrounding mountains looked like they were out of a magazine, it was soooo pretty.



They served us dinner on our porch at our villa one night during our stay. It's so stinkin hard to take pictures of your trip when you have to do it yourself. Another attempt at a couples shot.


Sunset view of the ocean from our porch


And what would a trip be like without a slight disaster caused by me??
So, we had Rum Punch that was made at our Resort, very tasty. Pat and I walked into the fishing village down the mountain called Soufiere. We bought some rum for super cheap and some juice to make our very own Rum Punch on our porch. After some glasses (I mean, no one is keeping count, right?) I managed to completely fall off of the porch onto the edge of the pool and spun back around towards the porch (didn't want to get wet...) of course causing a big scene -- BUT I will have you notice...there is still rum punch in that glass, dang it. You better believe I was going to sacrifice my ankle before I let that last glass go. As you can see, there is some minor spillage on the porch. To my defense, at the time, it was completely black out, the sun had set, and our porch light was off. Pat of course came to the rescue and used all of his 
doctor-y training to tell me my ankle wasn't broken. Thanks hubby :)

The injury. And Patrick tried to make me feel better about my clumsiness by comparing knee injuries. His story is pretty funny too. Before we left for our honeymoon, he went for an early morning run (in the FREEZING weather, literally nothing stops him from a run).  After stepping off and back onto the road to get out of the way of a car or something, he hit an ice patch and completely busted. I wasn't there to see it, but I laughed so hard when he told me about it!!!!! I need to work on being more sympathetic...but really, that's pretty funny. Maybe my sympathy was falling and injuring myself in return for laughing at him??



Isn't this every guys dream?? I mean, you're in a beautiful tropical area, on your honeymoon, and you and your brand new wifey decide to lounge in the hammock after the sun has set.  And she walks out like this...



I was mosquito proofing myself, k?
(notice the pants tucked into the socks, very stylish)
You know it's true love when he just laughs and still hangs out in the hammock with you.



The volcano -- which smelled kinda like a huge room of people just passed some gas, but still, very cool to see


Dinner at the Resort's restaurant



The day we left - it was so hard to leave knowing we were coming back to cold weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment