6.15.2009

BURNT EYE

Just a few months ago, I was trying to be all domestic and had a little accident. This brand new bottle of Tide was on top of the washer and dryer. I pulled it down, unscrewed the little vent at the top, poured some detergent and started washing the towels from both bathrooms. When I reached to put it back ontop of the dryer, the vent cap fell off and I was slimed with laundry detergent. I mean, from head to toe, and its extra concentrated stuff! I was most upset that I was wearing a brand new pair of shoes. It was in my left eye, my mouth, nose, I mean everywhere. I was stumbling around the condo, dripping detergent all over the place. Finally I find my way to the bathroom with my eyes still closed due to the intense burning, and realize all of the towels are in the wash. So I wander back to the hall, find the linen closet, get a towel and then get showered. I seriously thought I was going to lose my eye. I even read the back of the detergent bottle to make sure it wasn't going to be burned out of its little socket!!



This was my eye at least an hour after the incident. It stayed that way for a while, all swollen, red and runny. As you can see from the first picture, the laundry detergent no longer lives ontop of the dryer - its at arm level in the closet instead, you know, to prevent minor disasters like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment