Just this past week, my mom, Aunt Gail, and cousins Amy and Mary Lauren drove from Birmingham to come visit us. After all of these visitor's I have become an official tour guide! We had so much fun and were running from breakfast to dinner. Every night we were more and more tired, but we were able to cram pretty much everything in to their visit. Speaking of cramming - all six of us were in the 2 bedroom 2 bath condo and it was actually really fun. It reminded me of being at the beach with all of my family, all of Aunt Gail's family, and my Grandparent's in a 2-3 bedroom condo (which we did every summer for as long as I can remember, until we were all off at college). I have a lot of good pictures from their visit, which means I am going to post a bunch. Miss y'all and thanks for visiting!!
This is the City Museum (again). The rooftop (where the bus is hanging off) is the 11th floor of the building. There is a slide inside that is 8 stories long and it used to be a shoe shoot (the building is an old shoe factory). This place is crazy, scary, and fun...
Here's a huge slide we found on the rooftop. Mary Lauren went first!
Pat and I climbing back up the slide
If you look in the background, this thing was HIGH! Those are buildings in the city. Amy was the brave one in the top...notice I am as close to the bottom as possible, like it really matters when you're already that high...
I got a group shot of everyone...Aunt Gail is hiding in the back!
Poor mom, she's afraid of heights, and Pat has her right next to the edge! But at least he is holding on to her tightly...
They had a Ferris Wheel on top of the building. And we thought it was a good idea to ride it? When Patrick and I got towards the top of the ride it made some loud creaking noises...not okay. This is the view from the top of the Ferris Wheel
This pictures makes me laugh. Both Mom and Aunt Gail are afraid of heights. So, they got on the ferris wheel. When they sat down they were telling this girl all about how they were scared. Look at both of their mouths just a runnin. It was hilarious. They only went around 1 time, and she let them off.
Mom and I kept watching Patrick and thought he looked like one of the kids, he was having so much fun!
Amy and I found this place that was on the ceiling. You had to lay flat to fit in there. We wanted Pat to come find us, I mean, this is like the best hide and seek place ever. We waited and waited, finally he popped out of this tiny hole from a completely different way that we went.
Crown Candy Kitchen has been featured on the Travel Channel and on other shows because it's super yummy and they make their own ice cream/milkshakes. We stopped there on the way to the Arch one day to get milkshakes
This Cathedral is HUGE and has the world's largest mosaic. These next pictures don't compare to how pretty it is inside, but it was a good try. Patrick and I went to Palm Sunday Mass in here, it was beautiful.
So Pat had his chance to get rid of his mother-in-law....thow her from the top of the building....he missed it! Very funny picture of Gail and me on the ferris wheel...NOT FUN !
ReplyDeleteI like the blog. Pretty funny comments. Sounds like ya'll had a bunch of fun. I need to visit when I get some time off of work (I don't work every other week like some people). It's too bad you can't eat lunch with Paw Paw and me... we miss you.
ReplyDeleteYour Cuz,
Jeffrey