I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I mean really wrong. I've been on a rampage since 9:00 am. It's 12:00 now, no improvement in my mood. First, I stayed up late last night, thinking I could sleep in a little this morning when Pat got home. Well, I went into the den around 9:30-10:00 because he still wasn't home (I was a little worried, too) and there he was - sleeping on the couch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture - but in my twisted little "woke up in a mood" mind, I was ticked! I took Elle out, slammed the door behind me (in a passive aggressive way of waking him up...I know, ridiculous). When I came back in, he was awake - of course. I should've been glad because I had achieved my goal, instead I was still all worked up. He went to bed, asked if I would wake him up around three. What was my reply? A simple "No." Seriously?
Next, onto the Post Office. I needed to mail a package to our cutest little twin nieces who are turning ONE on the 21st. I had wrapped their presents (while keeping Elle at a safe distance) and had Pat sign the cards - they were ready to be shipped. I get Elle in the car, my mood was improving, and off we went. We get to the Post Office, it's the first time I have ever left Elle in the car alone, it's 89 degrees out already, and I was going to be "real quick". HA. I go in, look around for a shipping box big enough to pack their gifts in. I found tiny ones and HUGE ones. I grab a number, wait in line, and finally get called to the desk (meanwhile having anxiety about my poor child baking in the car). I nicely ask if there is an "in between box". She just points to where the boxes are and says - "our boxes are over there." Yes, thanks you for that. I've freakin been standing over there looking at them for 3+ minutes. I am frustrated. I go get the HUGE box, tape it up, throw my 3 nicely wrapped gifts into the box, go get another number, re-wait in line, and end up at the other lady's desk. She says "Oh, I hate that you had to use such a big box." ?????? So I said "Well, I asked the other lady if there were some in between and she told me 'the boxes are over there.'" This nice lady then says "have you already written on this one?" ....um..yeah...? Needless to say, she obviously had something more appropriately sized. I then spend FIFTY dollars to ship it. Let's just say the other lady doesn't want to cross my path today - I have a few things I'd like to say to her now.
Thankfully the box is being shipped for a very special birthday so that makes it worth it.
Here is a picture of Elle's favorite place - she is about to outgrow it. Sometimes I hear her whining because she has started to get stuck under there.
I would be hiding under the couch too if my mom was in the mood that you are in !!! HAHAHAHA. Love you and hope your day gets better. And uh, you might want to warn Pat when he wakes up if it hasn't. Maybe doing an extra shift in the CICU tonight might not be a bad idea! HAHAHA
ReplyDeleteLove you,
MOM