Would the love for my little doggy be considered an obsession? I told Pat the other night (I was rocking Elle on the couch while she was sleeping) that I am afraid that I'll be that crazy obsessive mother when we have kids - because I am ridiculous with this dog! Anyways - she went to the doctor yesterday and weighs 21 lbs!!! Fatty. JK.
We are getting ready for our canoe trip and decided we should get the life jacket, just in case, you know? Here she is modeling it for you. A little shy at first, but then strikes some pretty awesome poses so you can see her new outfit...
I feel terrible about this - its a 'pinch collar'. The vet said to train her with this. You give her a chance to do whatever you say - like "off" when she's on the coffee table. If she doesn't get her grubby paws onto the ground, you then say "off" and pull real quick on the collar and make her sit down all at the same time. Let's just say I stood in the aisle of PetSmart for quite some time trying to decide if this was humane of me! BUT the vet did recommend it AND the trainer she'll be going to while we are at the beach uses the exact same thing. I do have to say, we're having some success so far. No more staring at me and barking non stop to get my attention. One quick little yank, and boom - silence. Of course we use it sparingly and I don't really push the 1x and you're pinched issue. I give her a few chances. I feel like a mean mommy!
Remember this? It's from laundry detergent being spilled...IN MY EYE.

Well, here we go again. This may be even more stupid. I was gonna lay out for a bit the other day and thought I'd just use 10 on my face and body since I wouldn't be outside long. The 10 I have is spray sunscreen....aaaaand I got it in my eyes. Blazing fire from hell - right in my eyes. That's all I can relate it to.
Working today, shopping for our little rugged vacation tomorrow, and canoeing and camping on Saturday!
oooooouuucchhh!! MEL! be more careful with your eyes! and rocking elle?!? haha you are one of those doggy moms...but i will be, too...one day! And, have fun on your trip!!!!
ReplyDeleteAAAuuughhh!!! My eyes are watering just from looking at this pic!!!!!
ReplyDelete