Why I'll never go to the dungeon alone again...
After a nice, relaxing afternoon, I decided to go put a few things in the basement. Well, really I call it the dungeon. It's creepy enough to deserve that name. I get down there and the outside "locked" door is unlocked. Thinking that makes it a little more creepy, I push the door ALL the way open to make sure I squish whoever may be hiding behind it and flip the light on really quick. I peek around behind the door - no one's there. So I go on about my business. When I walk around the corner I realize our neighbors section has the gated door removed and just propped up against the wall. Weird. Then I kinda look around - getting a bit nervous - and realize our door has been ripped off of its hinges too!!! I freak out thinking someone is about to jump out and get me, drop all of my stuff right where I was standing (literally), sprinted up the 3 flights of stairs to get away from the scary dungeon, and run through our back door to get Pat. We go back downstairs and I am all flustered, we peek around trying to find this bad man, no one's there, and we can't seem to figure out what they've stolen. Waterford crystal glasses - a huge bag of them - still sitting on the shelf. Nice TV, not even moved an inch. Expensive golf clubs - standing against the wall. Hmm?
The police came out, then sent another man to 'fingerprint'. When we made our way back to the dungeon we just start chit chatting. Come to find out, it's a bike bandit!!! Really!? We could not, for the love, figure out what they had taken. MY BIKE!!! I started laughing so hard. I mean, I got that sucker for maybe $100 at Dicks Sporting store when Court and I were inspired to go for a bike ride (randomly one afternoon, and it was a very impulsive decision for both of us). I probably paid more for the outfit to "look official" than I even did for that dang bike. It was all rusty because after maybe 5 rides, it was retired to the porch. Anyways, the other peoples bike was taken too. When we were leaving, this guy walked up to us and says "So, another bike was stolen?" His was taken last week. Crazy Bike Bandits...
Here we are with our lovely new bikes - after having some man help us two impulsive bike buyers cram bikes into the brand new CRV.
Please don't kill me - either of you. Courts outfit: official bike shorts, and a fancy new shirt. I believe mine was green?... with the same shorts, of course.
Hey, you're funny. I mean really, I was reflecting on your blog, and you're funny. (don't forget to picture it being said through a straight/slightly intoxicated serious Wibby face)
ReplyDeletefunniest moment in a very long time. i really still laugh when i think about it. you're my favorite sister. even if i had more, you'd still be my favorite.
ReplyDelete