This weekend I drove to Kansas City to meet up with my sweet friend Nicole. We haven't been able to see much of each other over the past few years, and it was so nice to have time to catch up and just hang out together. It was rainy in KC, but we still had a great time!! She is due in June and I can't wait to meet her baby boy!
(ahem.... please ignore the fact that I am wearing light pink and dark pink together....it's a rain jacket - ok?)
Patrick is on call this weekend - so he couldn't join us. Nicole's husband had some friends in town so he didn't make the trip either. Pat said Elle was a monster yesterday and not much has changed since then. I made it home around 1ish, so she had been cooped up since around 7 this morning. Of course it's raining and nasty out today - no run or dog park in her near future...
But we did find this HUGE stick in the courtyard. See - that was after I ran around the courtyard like a crazy woman in circles trying to wear her out...only to trip over her and I bu-sted on the concrete. Yeah...I fell. Fo-real. Like an all out, small sized adult fall. The ones you laugh really hard at when you see. I came out of it with a few battle wounds and a very good laugh. Too bad there was no one to share it with. I hate wasted falls. Maybe something is wrong with me
- but -
#1 - I laugh really really hard when I see grown ups fall (no worries, I don't laugh at children or the elderly...just all those in between)
#2 - My first reaction isn't to ask if the victim from the attack of the concrete or steps is okay, it's to laugh. Then, if I see that there is an injury, I continue to laugh - of course at this time trying my best to act my age instead of acting like I am 13 yrs old - and gain my composure to see if I can help them. Usually I fail miserably with the whole acting mature approach.
#3 - I really enjoy a good fall if someone is with me to witness it. I don't like to fall alone. It's never quite as fun.
#4 - I must tell on Courtney. When she was visiting in January, we were out on a walk. She was right behind me, slipped on ice and dove face-ish/hand-ish first onto the concrete. h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s - I mean - one of the funniest things I had seen in quite some time..
I remember falling on our honeymoon and I was laughing, and Pat wasn't. I was very confused as to why he was acting so concerned and why he wasn't laughing...??? He explained to me that he was worried. What an interesting response....or maybe a normal one??
Does anyone else have this problem??
See - I told you that stick of choice today was HUGE. She carried that sucker all the way up stairs, smashed it through the doorway and furniture to make it right out onto her designated stick chewing area. Such an angel.
So sorry I missed "The Fall". Hope your battle scars aren't too big.
ReplyDelete