4.23.2010

1,000,000 years ago

I feel like I am in a dang time machine. I look outside thinking I may see a brontosaurus eating leaves from the courtyard trees. A caveman building a fire. Or maybe a man in a top hat with a cane, climbing into his horse and carriage.
Why, you may ask?

I am cellphone-less.
You may not think this is a big deal...but you should try it. If you don't have a land line, you are screwed (...we don't have one...therefore I am screwed).
This is my phone:

We have been through a lot together. A few weeks ago it dove into a sink with running water...but I saved it's life. Yesterday is a different story. It took a jump from about 5 feet 2-3 inches off the ground, plummeting onto a dirty hospital tile floor - to its death.
Remember car phones. I vividly remember the one between the front seats of Mom's van...
I am so desperate for contact with the outside world that I would take one of these and use it with pride.

For now it is a homing pigeon for me.
I will be collecting phone numbers whenever I get reconnected to the world...
Happy weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment