9.04.2009

MUCH NEEDED VACAY

It's finally here! This weekend starts a very long car drive up and down the midwest and southeast U.S. Tomorrow Pat and I begin our trek to Chicago for a wedding, then head to Birmingham on Monday. Tuesday we'll be sitting on the lovely Gulf Coast in Destin! That will be a total of 18ish hours in the car (did I do the math right???...not the best with numbers...), only to turn around on Saturday night/Sunday and drive the 12 hours back to St. Louis. Why are we not flying, you may ask!? The answer is simple. We're slackers and never looked at tickets, now we'd spend $600+ to fly. HA. 
Elle got dropped off at her Pet hotel and day camp tonight. I cried..before I took her, during the check in (in front of the workers, yes...), when I left her, and on the way home. No joke. My sweet hubby left work early (and is back there right now because of it) to go with us. He wanted to be able to tell her bye too, and I am sure he knew I'd be all teary. It's very quiet here!! Sophie is definitely okay with the absence of her evil step-sister.

This is a picture from Destin, 2 summers ago. Here's a little secret for you all...
Pat and I started dating in May that year. My family was going to the beach in September(ish) and several months after we had been together, I asked him to come. Everything was great, the trip was fun, but at the end I knew I was kinda freakin out a bit. Our car drive home (just me and him) was a little quiet, maybe slightly tense. Finally about an hour or two outside of Destin it all came out. BOTH of us were kinda freaked out. It just seemed like all of the sudden things were serious between us. You know, "meeting and staying the the potential in-laws for a week" serious. My family loved him, and when I told my mom I was getting nervous, she told me I was crazy...and to "not do anything stupid/screw it up" haha. Well, good thing I didn't! He is stuck with us all now!!! Poor guy ;)
I am sure this year will be a little different. Can't wait to be there!
I wont be posting any Elle pictures today, it may start up the tear flow again...Have a wonderful labor day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Told you he was a KEEPER !!!!! Along with his great family. So glad you kept him and he kept you!!!!! And now ya'll have a baby, Elle. Sophie is his adopted child, but she sure loves her dad. He must really love her too since he has to take asthma medicine now.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete