Here's a run down of the week...
Chicago
While getting ready at midnight to leave the next morning at 6am, I was ironing my dress for the wedding we were headed to....aaaaaand burned a hole in it. Yep. Right smack in the middle of the front. Pat walked in to the den and was probably so confused to see me crying and holding my dress. Then he saw the hole. The dress had never been worn before! It was so cute :(
Anyways - we drove the next morning to Chicago for the wedding weekend. I was so excited because we were able to see Alison, Michael and the twins and Pat's parents too! Pat and I changed in the car in a random parking lot -- a little ghetto...we're aware of that. We had no choice!
This Andrea and Donald at the Vietnamese Ceremony
After the ceremony and Rehearsal Dinner, Pat was soooo tired that I found him like this...
and no, he is not passed out from drinking (that may or may not have happened the next night)
Patrick's bossy little wife was very concerned with getting to the wedding on time...
I was telling him to hurry up, asking what else he needed to do, and a million other things at once - then I said, 'smile for a picture with me' and this is the face I got. He said 'You're asking me to do so many things at once!'
Here is the re-do...yes, once again a bit ghetto. I took in in the mirror, it's the best I could do!!
The reception and the newlyweds. They had all kinds of dress up things - alligator hats, pirate gear, shakers, boas...I mean you name it...
The happy (sober) couple. I have to say I remained sober-ish throughout the night...someone else may not have...
slow progression towards intoxication -- here the guys are limboing with the boa...
not real sure..?
as you can see we have now entered the dress up phase of the night, the pirate mask was probably my favorite
and then they attacked the bride - not real sure who the guy is in the back??? ;)
Alison and I
These dragons are supposed to bring good luck (?i think?) to their marriage
We had a great time seeing everyone for the weekend, it just wasn't long enough! I somehow didn't get any pictures of our beautiful nieces who are now ONE year old, or any pictures with Pat's parents!! Since I was a slacker, here is a picture from Alison - this is the box that I previously blogged about - and the girls loved playing in it! Totally worth the poopy mail lady ruining my post office experience...

Onto the beach
A 12 hour drive from Chicago to Birmingham, a good nights rest, then a measly 4 hour drive to Florida - we finally made it to Destin!
Pat = best babysitter of the week. I am set for when we have children - be jealous.
Patrick's room! This is where he slept alllll week
Ha. Just kidding.
He is playing hide and seek with Mary Clare
She came upstairs to show me her bathing suit and then wanted her hair in a bun "like Maymels" ...she's just so darn cute.
I laugh so hard when I see this picture. Notice anything strange?? Pat had told us a story about his sister and a friend of hers blow drying his hair and how it was sooo poofy. A little while later he went to shower, and then showed up like this. He had used the blow dryer and his hair was crazy fluffy and straight - hilarious.
A few days later he surprised us with this sweet shave job...it's a foomanchu (??? how do you even spell that?)
Lame attempt at a picture with the kiddos
delinquent...climbing on the roof
Mom and Dad!
Chair pictures!!
The beach was wonderful. Pat and I left a day early, made it to B'ham, then drove the next 8 hours on Sunday in time to pick up the baby from boarding. She was so excited to see us, here is her report card from the week! She got all A's of course...
I noticed some pearly white big girl teeth when we got home!
After we were all settled in at home I began to wonder why I missed her so much?? haha. Just kidding. She may be a disaster, but I am glad she's home with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment