This means the first visit of 2011, not the only one...right Ingrams?!?!
We were so excited to have everyone here for a visit right after my birthday. What a good way to celebrate :) Somehow we always end up just piddling around, staying in our pj's all morning, having late starts to the day, but enjoy every minute! We repeated a few of MC and Patrick's favorite St. Louis things and they were able to play in the leftover snow before it all melted away.
Eloise tried to be on her best behavior - she looooved the attention from MC and Paddy.
Mary Clare's request was to go to the zoo and see the penguins. So we did - and even waiting for the 'penguin walk' - which my sister and I secretly wanted to do more than the children...shhhh! ;)
I think we all wanted to go to the City Museum, not just a special request from the kids. We all braved the 10 story shoe shoot slide - no kids in laps - meaning the tiny ones went down alone. I went first, then with about 1/3 of the slide left, I hear screams of terror, and here comes MC, headfirst --- in tears. She recovered nicely after being swooped up by Maymel's and then with Mom right behind her. Next, an upside down, terrified Paddy - caught by his shoulders and handed over to his Mommy. Once again, quick recovery, and we were off to explore the rest of the museum!
Here are some blurry pictures of us climbing all over the place.
Not sure if this video will work - but Stephen is a huge Alabama fan. I came into the den one morning and Patrick, Mary Clare and little Patrick were on the couch. Pat got them to say "war eagle!"...so I took a video - just for their daddy. Much to my disappointment they informed me they are not Auburn fans...
We miss youuuuu!





It's probably mean, but thinking about the giant slide episode makes me giggle! On the way home they were both talking about how "maymels saved us. She caught us just like this 'boop!'"
ReplyDeletehahahahaa. i laugh about it too... doth thou believe our hearts have been carved from stones?
ReplyDeleteAlas it may be true....
ReplyDelete