1.20.2011

Baby B

We are so excited that Baby Broderick will be here at the beginning of August! And it's finally time to share the news!!!

On a whim, I took a test the day before Thanksgiving. My Mom and Dad were in town, Patrick was working, and the test was positive.......??!


So I scrambled to figure out how to get to Pat so I could tell him first! I called and asked if I could pick him up from work so he wouldn't have to ride the Metro home. I threw Eloise in the car, a tshirt in my purse that I scribbled 'big sister' on, and off we went!!

Eloise waited patiently in the back seat, oblivious to how her posh little life will be changing in the next year. Patrick gets in the car. He reads the shirt. "Big Sister?" Yes. Big Sister. Just a look of confusion on his face. I stared at him, he stared at me. I waited to see if he would get it. He didn't. I said "Pat, I'm pregnant....."  His eyes lit up, and with big smile on his face and he said "Oh......OH!!!" then he said, "I thought maybe you got another dog!!!" Okay, so maybe not my best idea ever? But I didn't know what else to do!!!!


Here we are afterwards!


Our first doctor visit was supposed to be 8 weeks...but the baby measured 7 weeks. See the peanut??


 So we went back the next week for another ultrasound, to get better measurements and here's the 8 week old pea

And we are now officially 12 weeks! They didn't print a picture on my last ultrasound, but a 12 week old baby actually looks more like a baby, with arms, legs, and it had the hiccups - kinda weird. 

Obviously we are very excited!!

3 comments: