6.23.2010

as seen on tv

When I met Patrick I had no idea at the time that I had been introduced to my match made in as-seen-on-tv heaven. I am a sucker for all as seen on tv gimmicks. This dates back to high school (? right mom ?). It all started with Billy Mays and Oxyclean. No joke. When it was first advertised I was already sold. Then Orange Glo cleaner. Next, the Ove Glove.
Let's move forward to my relationship with Pat.
I had no idea that I wasn't alone in this world of love for as-seen-on-tv products. What a great feeling to realize someone else appreciates these items as much as I do. I am proud to say that I married a man with monkey hooks and a swivel sweeper. Since being married we've purchased Sham Wow cloths.

And here we are today. This may not be as seen on tv - but it may as well be. Maybe just a bit 'upgraded' we'll call it (based on price......). I read in a magazine about this soap that shrinks your pores, cleans your skin, moisturizes and firms your face. So I bought it.

I have been using it for a few days now - no exciting news to give yet - but I am not giving up on this pricy little rectangle of magic!

I take that back. After I wrote that I was rubbing my face and it feels very soft, and definitely a smidge firmer..hmm.. surely this is not all in my head??

..after discussing this issue I have with buying these trusty items, I was quickly reminded by Courtney of the other treasure's I have.
These are even better than what's been mentioned before.
Pat has bought me several fabulous gifts from skymall magazines...such as:
-the portable 'here's your ray of sun' light for the winter time (you know, to battle that seasonal affective disorder these midwesterners deal with...all that dreary weather gets the best of you!)

-one of these sanitizing lights for hotels because I may or may not have strange issues with germs + hotel rooms....they weird me out, ok????!

-This list goes on. I will spare you. But you get the gist of it...

I love my little match made in as seen on tv heaven :) thanks for my wonderful prizes!

4 comments:

  1. Methinks that thou shoudst get thee to work, and stop this foolish blather:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sayeth, that I thinketh, I may require some of this wonderful, concoction to removeith thine wrinkles fromith my face. Or maybe tis just witchery ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember searching for the ove glove with you to give mama moses for christmas!! haha didn't you end up buying a normal oven mit and writing "ove glove" on it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. or dearest blood relatives, i pray you stand by my side during this trying time. thou hast provided this child with such love - love from a fountain overflowing - tis not witchery dear mother. thou must trust this child, for her judgment doth not trick her

    ReplyDelete