Well, it's almost over. At the end of June, Pat is officially finished in the CICU (for now at least...). I always forget how long and painful these months are. Of course I get lonely - but I mostly feel bad for Pat and his lack of life outside the prison..I mean hospital.
But of course he manages to stay happy, positive, and keeps me smiling too. I was feeling lonely/pitiful/like I was about to go stir crazy and lose my mind...and the next thing you know I find these at my door!!
Have I mentioned that I have the best husband in the world??
So - in return I baked him a banana pudding pie. I have found that it is hard to discover things that are Pat's 'favorites'. I always ask - what's your favorite dinner? drink? ice cream? candy? blah blah blah.
He usually says "I don't know..." . BUT - one day I made banana pudding and he was talking about how much he loves it. When I saw this recipe I immediately thought of him. I am sure it doesn't make the month of misery much better - but at least it was tasty!

(okay. so this isn't actually my picture or my pie - mines not nearly as pretty as this...it's stolen from southern living.com!)
yum yum YUMMMMMMYYYYYYY !!!
ReplyDeleteOk so the first post wasn't from Mary Liz, it was from me. She was signed in on my computer and I had to change it. So again I'll say yum, yum, YUMMMMYYYY
ReplyDelete:) it was quite tasty!
ReplyDelete