5.25.2010

whirlwind weekend

Whoa.
That was one crazy trip to Birmingham...
Pat and I made the drive with our fur baby to go to Jeffrey and Joy's wedding - which was
beau-ti-ful!
Thursday night I got some good fun in with some friends, after eating a delicious meal cooked by Stephen (I mean it was real good...). Emily hosted us with some much needed flip cup :) It has been so long since I played, I was afraid I had lost the touch! But we had so much fun hanging out with everyone - but I forgot my camera at home :/

Friday was rehearsal dinner at The Club and Saturday was wedding day! We had another feast prepared by Stephen - it was brunch and I can compare it to a restaurant Pat and I spent $50 a person to eat at...seriously. I asked Stephen if they could move here and he be my live in chef...?

Unfortunately on wedding day, the RN and MD took a trip to see my Gee Gee and informed her she was going to the ER. She has been sick, and was looking/sounding much worse on Saturday. So Mom called her MD and then Pat and I went to go see her/break the news to her. It went just fine, we rolled her out to the car and sent them on their way. Poor Gee Gee got admitted, lots of tests/labs done, and had to miss the wedding festivities. We all missed her, but were glad she was where she needed to be!

Goin' to a weddin'
Amy (Jeffrey's sister) and her boyfriend Wesley
Me and my MC
My sissur
Beautiful Aunt Gail
There's Jeffrey! And he didn't even turn around and jump in the water to swim away!
Jeffrey and Joy - she looked so pretty!
Little Stinker...I mean Patrick.
Jeffrey getting a talkin' to from Paw Paw about something
Pat and I were supposed to come back home on Sunday. After the weekend we had - with all the ups and downs we ended up staying an extra day. I hadn't had a chance to go see Grandaddy and Gee Gee was having a procedure that morning - I didn't really want to leave until it was finished. Thankfully everything went well, Gee Gee may get to go home today, we got to see Grandaddy, and do some last minute things around Birmingham.
Phew...

I was very concerned about my hhherbs while I was gone. They need a lot of water to live. But this is what I came home to!

Parsley and Chives aren't holding up quite as well...
But I found this, too!

It is a tee-tiny strawberry and I hope no one eats it before I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment