5.28.2010

highlight

Hands down - this was the highlight of our week.

After work on Thursday, Pat and I ran into a neighbor who had cut his finger. We looked at it and after going inside Pat realized he had stuff here that he could stitch it up with. Pat looked out the window to see if the guys car was still in the parking lot, then just kept staring. Finally I asked what he was doing...
and he saw this
Secret agent man. And he was just looking at this apartment building that is diagonal from us. It's a mix of people, but a bit shady. We haven't ever had any troubles, seen anything too weird..until now.
Earlier in the day a STL police officer was shot 6 times at a gas station (which actually ended up being far away from where we live - originally I thought it was just a few blocks north into the no-so-safe part of town). The police man had a bullet proof vest on, so he survived, but of course there was a huge hunt out for this man who shot him.
Guess where he was hiding!??!?!?!

During this whole about an hour long ordeal we would peek out on the back steps and through our kitchen window to see what was happening. (and take pictures). We saw people in all their black gear with helmets on and big guns. A neighbor from across the courtyard saw us outside grilling - so we started talking about it all. Apparently while she was in the back parking lot our secret agent man told her to hurry and get inside. So on her way in she heard glass break, then 'get on the bleepity beep bleep beeeeep ground!'. Of course I am sure she almost peed her pants at that point. We later found out the dude had to be tazed...which for some reason I find absolutely hilarious. I don't know what it is about tazers that make me laugh...
See him up on that roof?
For extra protection against potential shrapnel, I wore a bike helmet...idea stolen from my very crafty sister. I thought it was an excellent idea.
And of course, a special thanks to Patrick, my very trusty photographer. While I was cooking dinner I kept telling him to go take pictures for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment