This dog is NOT allowed on furniture. Not the bed, the couch, chairs, none of it. She knows better too. So - last night I was waiting for Pat to get home and Elle was all sleepy after our 2 hour walk and play time at the dog park with Mabel the Basset Hound. I had these huge brown eyes staring at me, then her front legs end up in my lap. Her head gets all snuggled against my legs. But, mind you, her back legs are firmly planted on the ground. She gets all comfy with her entire upper body on my lap/the couch. I couldn't stop laughing. The next thing I see is one scrawny back leg up on the couch. About a minute later, this dog was in my lap...on the couch. I felt that she had put up some very good and sneaky effort and let her stay for about 5 minutes. Then I realized Pat would be home oh so soon and I made her get down.
I told him the story after he got home and while we were watching tv after dinner she gave a 2nd performance.
Then there was tonight. Here are some pictures of the end result.


Yep. She made it. Same process. Very slow and very sneaky. I am such a sucker.

Happy Fall!
It's all over now. Just give it up. Ginny was about that age when she started manipulating her way on to the couch. It was hard for me to say no at the time bc David was working late nights and she looked so sweet. Little did I know the monster I was creating. It's a hard habit to break.
ReplyDeletei hear ya. it's totally because Patrick isn't around, then I am all lonely and think - oh just this one time. It's already a problem! haha!!
ReplyDelete