11.28.2009

Thankful

We had the best first "married" Thanksgiving. We both have so much to be thankful for. And most of all, we are thankful that Alison, Michael, Emory and Grayson came all this way to spend Thanksgiving in St. Louis! My good friend Elizabeth was able to join us for our feast and we were so glad to have her company, and Pumpkin Crunch dessert :)

Here are some pictures of all of the fun we had...
The girls found the "juice" cabinet. Grayson is sippin on the Hypnotiq and Emory on some Grenadine. Hilarious.
Family picture at the Arch!
Running towards me and cheesin the whole way, so cute.
And Grayson loves the camera
Here is Elizabeth and I, we were so glad she joined us!


Okay...so, the not so cute picture.
This is what we found in the turkey. Alison and I have never prepared/cooked a turkey before, but were warned on what to find inside. This turkey neck just kept coming out of the dang thing...and I had to turn my head and drop that sucker in the sink. I don't think we expected it to be like it really was...
And here are the boys. They were the actually turkey cookers...or fryers, I should say. Alison and I are quite thankful that Dad B read the instructions before sending the fryer this way so they didn't have any disasters. At one point something outside was on fire, we chose to not ask any questions....

Here is our feast!
Turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, rolls....and I think that's all??




We had a little scare. Pat cut into this bird and it was all crunchy. Then we flipped it over and tadaaaa. Yummy fried turkey meat. They did an excellent job.
And not to forget dessert! I didn't get a picture of Elizabeth's dessert, but it was soooo good!
Things are very sad and quiet around here with the girls back in Savannah. Thanks for coming to visit us, we miss you and your mom and dad - can't wait to see y'all again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment