7.15.2009

AIR MAIL

Mom's birthday was July 9th. I kept telling her I was sending her a funny birthday present. I said it could come by snail mail, UPS, or maybe Dad would be delivering it. She kept trying to guess what it was. Pat and I kept it a secret for MONTHS that we were coming to visit her. This is how greeted her at the front door. She opened the door, stared at us, said "oh my gosh..." then closed the door and then reopened the door, dying laughing of course. Patrick found this confetti shooter (which may have been the best feature of our decorative outfits) at the dollar store and I made him wear the hat, such a good sport.

We hid around the corner behind the magnolia tree and ran all stealth like to the front door so she wouldn't see us out the window. Dad walked inside after dropping us off around the corner to distract her.


MC and little Patrick were inside with my sister and I was so excited to see them all!!! This is Patty trying really hard to figure out how to work that thing.

And of course, Mary Clare...always so stinkin cute.

Patrick's face when you tell him to say cheese. This cracked me up. Pat got a good picture of it. And then he was wearing the birthday crown and being silly.


Happy 30th Birthday Mom!! ;)

We made Mom a German Chocolate cake, it was sooo good. Apparently we didn't get Dad a fork, so there was a huge serving fork on the table - he used that one. Not gonna lie, I was a little jealous of his fork.


Can't have a visit to Birmingham without seeing my favorite people! I was so glad to see friends. Pat and I met up with Yoder and Warren, then went out with people from work. I should've taken more pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the best b-day surprise ever !! We miss ya'll. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete