I am not sure if we've made progress or not??
Last night Patrick and I put Elle in the crate in our room. If one of us sits/lays near her while she is in the crate, there is minimal crying and barking. She usually falls asleep while you're there, then you can sneak into bed. This happened every 2 1/2 hours last night. Super fun. BUT - a plus - no pooping in the crate! Since Pat has a busy month coming up (cardiac ICU) I had doggy duties last night. I want to make sure he is well rested before the fun beings. I hope this means she'll start getting used to being locked in her "home". I am leaving for work soon, and she'll be alone in the crate for 4+ hours until Pat comes home. Cross your fingers that it goes okay!
We went to the park after waking up this morning in hopes she would get worn out and sleep while I was gone. She LOVED the water. I knew Golden Retriever's were known for loving water, but you just never know. She just plopped her little self down right in the middle and I had to pull her out to get her to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment