8.12.2011

babies and belly buttons

Hudson is getting chunkier every day -- here he is sucking his finger because apparently I was depriving him of food...


So --- I posted in the past about my dislike for umbilical cords. I survived delivery by ignoring the fact there was a cord attached to my newly born baby by staring at his face until it was taken care of. Since then it hasn't been too bad except for a bump in the road when it got kinda nasty. We put alcohol on it, and it was once again bearable for my eyes. Early this morning I was changing his diaper when I noticed something....


Hudson had a big boy belly button!!!  The umbilical cord nastiness was gone!!! BUT. Where was it??! I had just fed him...the first thought was - omg. it's in my bed. After searching around, no such luck. I shook out blankets, dug around under sheets...then began to panic just a bit. I looked over in his pack n play bed and phew. There is was! Glad we all survived that experience...

Here he is - just chillin'


and getting his toes warmed up while Eloise played ball!


No comments:

Post a Comment