1.25.2010

365 days later...

It's our anniversary! This year has gone by so quickly. Of course I had to reminisce with some wedding pictures and video (click on 8mm)...







And here we are, one year later!
The night before we left for New Orleans, Elle was getting some quality time in and tuned in to Chelsea Lately
Soph always gets disappointed when we pack a suitcase
Sad eyes before we took her to the spend the night party.
Elle was being t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. the 2 days before we left, I told her we were taking her to the pound. haha. mean mommy.
We made it!!
So - Pat bought me this 'sanitizer' I guess you could call it? I have germ problems in hotels so he sanitized the bathtub... so funny.
...and the ice bucket!
mmmm. cafe du monde.
and hurricanes and Pat O'briens


So many weird people in New Orleans...
Jackson Square

We had a great trip. I really can't believe it's been a year. I have had so much fun and am thankful for such a wonderful husband and marriage.
Then we picked up Elle -
The guy said "I need to tell you something before I bring Elle out" And I got so nervous! I was like, did she bite someone? did a dog attack her??
Well - it ends up she got sick!! Yesterday morning she started throwing up, threw up all day apparently - and when we got her she was so excited to see us, but immediately curled up in a ball in the back seat of the car and fell asleep.
I think she got upset that I told her we were taking her to the pound, and when a few days went by without us coming back to get her she made herself sick. Haha.
This is her today. Sleeping all day, acting all sad. So...
I fixed her rice in chicken broth and keep giving her small scoops of it. So far, no throwing up. And no peeing today either :(
We did bring ourselves and Elle a prize back. A tiny king cake for us, and a doggy king cake for Elle to celebrate Mardi Gras!! And my Mardi Gras wreath is on the door, thanks to Court!!!

5 comments:

  1. Mel, shame on you, I have filed a complaint of verbal abuse, of a sweet puppy with the humane society. Next time I'll drive up and rescue her. LOL Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll pay you to take her!!!! she's a mess! ...just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! What's here favorite TV show? I love the picture of her watching TV. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. she will watch absolutely anything..but basketball may be her favorite....she'll stare at the TV forever if a game is on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, mel. i'm so happy for you & pat. i just teared up while i was watching the wedding video. you are a beautiful girl & you deserve so much happiness. i'm glad that you have found that happiness. :) love!!!

    ReplyDelete