Sweet hats, right? I just love Christmas time. I have Christmas-y candles burning, my tree plugged in, Christmas music playing most every day and I've already watched Elf twice. And then we had these elf ears....ha.
So it's been real cold. I mean, my body hasn't experienced this before. This little 'winter storm' stuff has got to go. Well, it actually is gone now, but still - I don't really want it to come back. Before snow was blowing horizontally and smacking me in my face, I was all proud of myself for figuring out how to dress. It was probably in the 40's at that time. Here was the line up:
Tank top
Long sleeved shirt
Fleece Jacket (sometimes 2 jackets)
Vest
North Face shell over all of that
Scarf
Ear warmers
Gloves
Long Johns/Cuddle-duds
Jeans
Uggs
And I was feeling juuuust right.
I would compare the wind from this wintery storm to being inside a tornado, then make that nice warm temperature about 9 degrees. M.i.s.e.r.a.b.l.e.
Pat was making fun of me and my wardrobe a few days ago (pre 20-30 degree weather) and was like "what are you going to do when it gets even colder?"
Good question. I am not real sure I have that answer yet -- besides fly south for the winter (not an option, already tried that one).
This tree is across from the dog park. Yes, I am a very good doggy owner. I ventured out amidst the flurries and wind to give Elle some exercise. A nice lady walking by said "now that is puppy-love - if you get out in this weather to let her play..." Ha. Little did she know the only reason we were there was to keep me from killing the crazy animal. The wind from the storm tore a lot of branches off and I saw several trees down.

A few days ago Elle played with Jarvis, her Westie friend. The two of them get so muddy. This is the dirt left over after the water drained from her bath. She was checking it out.
Elle was posing for a festive picture.
Pat is on his way to Savannah for the weekend, and I am stuck here working Saturday and Sunday. I am sad to miss out on the fun!
I'm so glad you survived the frigid temperatures. I guess Pat is going to have to buy you a whole new wardrobe....I mean you have to look cute even when it's freezing outside, (where have I heard that before). I'm just saying, those Southern girls have to dress cute no matter what. Love you and miss you, give my Granddog and Grandcat a hug and kiss for me.
ReplyDeleteLove MOM
See, I knew I learned all of that somewhere....it was YOU! And I am glad you taught me so well....
ReplyDeleteProud of you!!! You have it all figured out
ReplyDeleteMOM