5.07.2011

visit back home...

Last week we made a planned trip to Birmingham for the weekend to celebrate the marriage of my cousin Mary Rebecca in Pine Mountain, Ga. Sadly, we also spent a few extra days in town after the tornado swept through Birmingham and a friend of mine passed away. As shocking and heartbreaking as it all has been I was so grateful and thankful to be able to attend her funeral while back home...Carrie will be missed by so so many people, which was evident by the crowded church, testimonies and tears.

here is a link to the local news story I saw while sitting on the couch over the weekend in Birmingham

And this is my beautiful friend Carrie - her husband Josh - and sweet baby Tucker


It's baffling to watch the local news and see all of the devastation. You really can't wrap your mind around it all. A friend of mine and I were talking about how we have this one connection to the storm, this loss of life, and to think that there are hundreds of others missing, killed, injured...it's overwhelming. Keep them all in your hearts and prayers.


Our trip to Georgia started bright and early so we could make it to the Country Store in Callaway just in time for breakfast...or so we hoped! With time change and a long drive included we somehow squeezed right in the restaurant just in time!! We even had almost 5 whole minutes to spare before breakfast was over...  phew. 








Since we had the afternoon free we went to see the butterflies in Callaway Gardens, walked around a while and got to visit with our family (which was so nice :) )



Mary Bec and Jason got married at the cutest chapel, on a hill, in a field, surrounded by nothing at all but grass, trees and hills. It was beautiful!!





My dear sister and Patrick used their fans the entire service to keep the pregnant chick from having a melt down. A for real one. My body temperature felt like it was 1000 degrees... but thanks to my dedicated fan waving sister and husband I survived :)  -- we were reenacting as you can see...


Here's Mary Rebecca and Paw Paw, aka the dancing machine.... ;)




 Pat got Gee Gee out on the dance floor too - all I have to say is that I was sober -- but 99.9999% of the rest of my entire family was some form of sober-ish. 
Pure. Entertainment.

And this is a must...
Here's Emily's dog.
I want him.
He is a mastiff basset hound mix.
I love this dog.
Eloise is being replaced. 
just kidding...maybe...


And last but NOT least

Look at my little Callie, all bundled up in her red puffer suit...my all time favorite picture of her
ps. please dont kill me :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLIE
 to my BFF of ohh you know, a measly 20ish years ;)  you are fabulous. I don't know what I would do without you. I must agree - you are my soul friend - as always it doesn't matter how long it has been since I have seen your face or even heard your voice - it's like we just fit together. Through all of these years, I couldn't have asked for a better person to be by my side - you're so special to me - I LOVE YOU!!
And maybe...if everyone is lucky...I will post the pictures of our photo shoot at her house from the weekend. It will give you a glimpse inside our friendship and either make you wonder what goes on in our heads, or it will make total sense to you and you will not be surprised by our beautifully posed pictures.

For now - pictures from our trip to the oh-so-delicious Doodles

me - aka the doodles double fister

callie - with the 'big boy' doodles (to her defense it was not actually for her)

No comments:

Post a Comment