3.21.2011

20 weeks

Kids always ask their parents, 'are we there yet?'. Well Patrick gets to hear 'how much longer!?' very frequently. He always kindly responds "not too much longer...". You see I am ready for this baby to be finished cooking. Aaand we're halfway there! Speaking of the baby cooking...I took a warmish/hot bath the other night after we finished packing boxes and cleaning out closets. Well, B was not sure about that bath and started going ca-razy. I got nervous I was boiling the baby!!!! No worries, baby's still there....

Here is B's 20 week photo shoot



Looks like B has hands, feet, femurs, tibias, fibulas, humerus', 2 nostrils, lips and a mouth, a "beautiful aortic arch" as my dear husband would say, along with all 4 chambers of the heart including the very important valves, a bladder with some liquid in there, kidneys, lung tissue forming, a spinal cord that is all closed in, vertebrae, belly stuff that is actually inside the skin where it belongs.... and lots more. Phew, let me tell you, these medical minds are resting peacefully for now :)

And no. There was no cheating. We still don't know what it is and I am enjoying the suspense!

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up Mel with ur boiling of the baby comment...lol. I'm so glad everything looks good. You are half way there, so hang in there. Just remember, as long as baby b is cooking, Angela will keep providing those oh so Yummy reeses peanut butter cups! Yum!!!!!

    Love,

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were trying to bewrl the little beggar? And, CUTE FEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for baby B having all his/her parts and having them all where they are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, B is going to come out loooving peanut butter :) i was snacking on peanut butter m&ms earlier today!

    Dad i am so thankful for cute feet...you know how i feel about nasty ones...

    Jamie so far so good with all the 'parts' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put that you checked about all the organs being inside the stomach. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete