It's been a while. I am back.
So Eloise had a rough day a few weeks ago - she lounged around all morning, wouldn't eat her food. Don't worry, we still took a trip to the beloved dog park where she used what little energy she had to play with her pup friends. We came home and she found her ball and cuddled with it (seriously. she did.). Then I heard an all to familiar noise... and surprise, surprise...
Eloise threw up some of her gray fuzzy elephant, rubber from a tennis ball along with the pink fabric from it, some sticks and a few other prizes.
Needless to say - she was back in action in no time.
I am not sure if she knows how spoiled she is. Pat and I took her to swim when we both had the weekend off together. She, of course, was in heaven.
Killer. That's her new nickname. These waves from a passing boat scared the poo out of her at first - she kept jumping and biting at them... hilarious. I wasn't a fast enough thinker to video it. This is the best shot of Killer that I was able to get.
Of course we had to make her leave. She would've stayed in the water all day long.
Fast forward.
Last week we got home from work to find our little angel had once again redecorated our home. You see, Eloise has excellent taste and thinks our bedroom pillows belong on the floor in the hallway, the den pillows by the back and/or front door, the sun room pillows belong on the couch and den floor. I don't have the heart to tell her the colors don't match the walls when she switches them around like that...
Anyway.
She topped the charts with an episode last week. Not only did we have a redecorated home, but Killer had torn up her Christmas PJ's, found a new bag of kitty treats and ripped them open, and last - but certainly not least - had 10 heartworm pills as a snack. Yes. Ten. I kind of panicked
(for all of you ER folk...you know that mom {the one we all kinda laugh at...it's the truth, you know it} that looks like she is running a marathon, deer in the headlights, franticly running through a metal detector without slowing down, with a happy, drooling, pink skinned, brisk capillary refill, breathing, moving, interactive child in her arms? Well...maybe I was that mom. For just like a second. Or two. About my dog......)
Okay...back to my story.
There were tiny shredded up pieces of aluminum foil, so carefully pulled from 10 plastic pill cases all. over. the. floor.
Elle was just wagging her tail, greeting us with a nice full belly. So I called the vet and they're like "It's no big deal, she'll be fine."
And that was that.

No comments:
Post a Comment