My crazy family came to visit us!!!
(except Stebie son, who was greatly missed)
See????
We had so much fun cramming everyone into our tiny home! And were able to enjoy a few days of sunshine that didn't make you feel like you were melting.
Here's Dad and Patrick headed to the zoo!
MC was already saying she was tired and hot before we even made it to the entrance - so she got a courtesy ride to the front gate. Nice little space heater on your back on a sunny August day :)
This may be my all time favorite zoo animal. He's a Takin. And I like him.
Stroller ride
Mmmm purple and blue snowcones!
Many days were spent playing in water...here's the fountain on our street
And two soaking wet children!
Nice ride back home for Patty
Mom and Mary Clare
And then there's the playground. The second Patrick hit the green turf he morphed into a little crazy man. He just took off running, playing with any and everything, diving head first down slides after a swing on a bar to give him an extra good thrust down...and then there was the fountain in the playground. This was the highlight, and the reason we had to leave...
You see, there is metal, and then there's a 2 1/2 year old about *this tall* and then there's a right eyebrow. Well they all met! One smack into that metal and surprise!! An eyebrow laceration!!! No stitches needed though - just a little holding down by Maymels and glueing by Pat and tadaa, good as new!
Did you know Patrick (big Patrick) is an artist???!!
Look at that sky line!!!
I wanted a picture for above our bed and found a few I liked online, but of course didn't want to spend $600 on them. Instead I had some hired (free) help and my sister and I painted a big ol' picture while they were here! (and coaxed Pat into playing with us...we gave him margaritas)
Now...remember those pillows I was going to make? Well I figure it may be a bit too much for this room since I finally have a picture above our bed. So instead, they're going to decorate the guest bedroom!
We miss y'all already...come baaaaaaack
Shall I say....FINALLY an update!!!!
ReplyDelete