This little angel was having a rough time this past weekend. She wouldn't eat, drink, and just kept vomiting. Finally it was time for a dreaded ride in the kitty box to see her vet.
And what did they decide?
She's diabetic.
Seriously?
My cat is diabetic?
I have to give her insulin??
Every day????
For $80 a bottle!??!?!?!
I mean. Really?
No not really. Well...originally, yes, really.
They did an xray ($$$) labs ($$$) urine ($$) and subq fluids ($) = one bazillion dollars (I should've been a veterinarian)
And came to the conclusion that Miss Sophie Mophie was diabetic.
When her blood work came back the next day...she was un-diabetic. But now, instead of being diabetic, she has pancreatitis and needs an ultrasound...
I'm sorry? Did you say an ultrasound??
Yes.
For two bazillion dollars...
Now. Don't get me wrong. We are talking about my first born fur baby here. I am just not so sure an ultrasound is necessary. Of course I don't even want to ask Pat - we all know how much he loves Sophie....ahem....
So Miss Mophie and I made a late night visit back to the vet for some more subq fluids and a chit chat. Thankfully she was very nice - and I didn't get charged for the fluids or the actual visit. They rechecked blood glucose - negative, urine - negative and sent us on our way with an appt for an ultrasound on Thursday morning.
Well, when we came home, that little devil started eating, drinking, socializing and being her snotty little self again. Ultrasound cancelled.
Phew.
Close call.
No comments:
Post a Comment