3.22.2010

crafty

I got a sewing machine for my birthday on my visit to b'ham.. It looks a bit fancy...so now I have to learn how to whip out some amazingly crafty things.
I am starting with this fabric and am going to make an apron!
It will be the bird fabric, with gingham pockets, ruffle and tie. I have some brown rick rack for the pockets too...it will (hopefully) be so cute!
And Eloise is getting a cheap/homemade dog bed! These are towels from TJMaxx and then I found batting on sale at Hancocks to go between the layers. She already sleeps on a towel in her room, and hasn't destroyed it (yet). We will see how long her bed -made with love by momma- lasts.
And I even decorated our table for spring! Most of this stuff I already had, but I did make the balls o' moss (I thought moss balls sounded kinda gross...we are referring to them as balls o' moss instead....). It was quick and easy. Just that green foam, sheets of moss, and floral pins - and tadaaaa...a new, spring themed decoration!
As far as Eloise goes --- I can't even talk about what she decided to destroy quite yet..I am a bit sad and could ship her to her Grandparents house(or anyone who would take her for that matter...)
I will talk about that later...
And hopefully next time have an apron to show you!

3 comments:

  1. Mel, what has that SWEET girl done now? It can't be all that bad!! You should have left her with me when you were here. I am really glad you are decorating her room, it looks so drab. You'll know quickly if she doesn't like it. LOL Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an apron. I like the balls o' moss and are you by any chance talking about your bedroom chest of drawers????
    Tell Elle Mama Mo misses her and Miss Mophie too (not to mention her mom and dad too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. the dresser :( i am trying not to be sad about it. i am sure its fixable (with a little help from this engineer/handy man i know) and it was fun to decorate for spring! maybe now you can come visit me.....? and susan - yes, we will find out very quickly how much she likes or dislikes the bed i make...

    ReplyDelete