I am not sure which it is. I really shouldn't be spending my time posting right now. BUT - Hudson is sleeping, Emma Kate is peaceful and happy in her swing...
and I should be packing boxes and organizing my life -- because we are about to move out of here to renovate our house and put new floors down!!!!! ahhhh!!! heeelp meeee!!
No, but really, I am excited.
Cake batter after nap time?? Yes please!!
EK stylin' in one of my baby dresses
(thanks Mom for bringing them when you came to rescue me!!)
Hudson LOVES to dig around in my 'hair' drawer. Hair brushes, hair ties, hair dryer, and the favorite of ALL treasures are head bands!
Sweet Lilly holding her little cousin
Big baby? or Tiny baby?
Well. This is a big baby in a tiny baby's bed.
Hudson managed to climb onto our bed (by himself), then into the pack n' play. He found EK's pacifier and then made himself comfortable in the bassinet.
Here's tiny baby! 7 weeks old! And SO HAPPY!
We had a rough first 6 weeks. Emma Kate was extremely fussy, had terrible stomach 'troubles', and tested our abilities to stay sane. At first we were trying to be laid back about it (and not get all medical about the problems). Then, I started realizing I was driving myself crazy because I deep down was convinced something wasn't right. After breaking down at the Pediatricians office - due to the guilt of letting things go so far - we came up with a game plan. No more dairy in my diet and treat her for reflux with a new medication. I am very happy to say that we now have a new baby in our house! A baby with a diary allergy, but I will take that over the 'angry elf,' as Courtney referred to her (perfect description at the time!)
Just a glimpse into our dining room. No floors. Lots of boxes (thanks Mom B!)
Pat said this little peanut gave him a hard time while I was gone - crying and crying. Doesn't look like that to me from this picture?? ;)
Dairy free = I can only have certain types of bread.
I went bread-less for several days and was so excited to get out to the store and get me some bread.
Then Eloise found it.
And ate it.
Hudson thought the ciabatta rolls were balls.
He then tried to help by putting them back in the bag.
Finally, he realized they were food - so he helped himself to a roll.
My first smocking project!!
And here is our happy 2 month old baby girl and all of her silly faces -
ho ho ho
My sweet Aunt Penny passed away on October 2nd. Wish I was in Birmingham right now to spend this time with all of my family. I just love this picture of her, it makes me happy because she looks so happy in it. She was a very special lady!
Girl, I don't think I breathed for this entire post! You are doing A LOT! I think I'm even sweating a little from reading this! I'm so glad EK is happy now!! =) Hope to hear that things calm down soon!
ReplyDeletesarah margaret! it's crazy here...but i PROMISE i'll be calling soon :) i miss you!!
ReplyDelete