4.13.2011

doggy devastation

Have you ever had your favorite store close? Your favorite restaurant stop serving the thing you crave all of the time? Cancelled plans that you were so looking forward to? ....
devastation.
That's what you felt.


 This is doggy devastation. The picture sums it up.
Eloise and I went out to enjoy the beautiful weather together yesterday - and that means one thing. A trip to heaven... also known as, the dog park.
Oh but wait. There are no fences around the dog park...?! And construction workers, cones, trucks allll around..!?!?  What is happening!??!?!!!

Today we knew what to expect. Well, I knew what to expect. This poor pup still hasn't quite gotten it. She longingly looked across the street at her heaven. Those big brown eyes with her expressive little eyebrows would then turn back and look at me, wondering why we weren't crossing the street to play??

Change of plans. I packed treats galore and off we went to Forest Park to do her 2nd favorite thing. Swimming!



And it was followed up with some fetch on the tennis courts - I think I made up for her deep, empty pit of devastation. We will see if the dog park gets destroyed or spruced up!! Keep your fingers crossed for the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment