10.09.2010

seattle

We had a wonderful time in Seattle, despite the fact that within less then 24 hours of our arrival I lost my ID...oops.
Patrick had a conference to go to and was presenting a research project in the "young investigators" category. I got to come along as his side kick :)

Puget Sound


Pike Place
This is where they throw the fish, the first Starbucks is located, and where you can buy the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen - for $5-$20 - unbelievable.









Pike Place Chowder has one multiple 1st place awards in the nation for their clam chowder. Pat thought this may have been the best meal we had the whole time (and we ate at some very good places!)



And of course we went to the Space Needle







I kept passing the flowers and staring at them. Patrick asked if I wanted some and I said no, since we were in a hotel. I finally broke down and for $5 or $10 (can't remember already...losing my mind in my 20's....) I got some flowers and stuck them in our ice bucket :)


We walked all over the city. I really mean that. ALL over it. 
This is Lake Union


And here's the presenter with his fancy badge. I snuck a quick picture of him in it when he wasn't expecting it. So sneaky


I squeezed into the back of the conference right before he presented to all of the cardiac/radiology doctors and listened in. He did SO well! I was very impressed and proud :)

And about that ID. I was nervous I was doomed to live in Seattle for.ever. But Patrick found a copy of our marriage license on his flash drive, which matched up my name for my nursing license and expired Alabama license. Phew. Here's the moment we found it!!

Thankfully they let me on the plane. And Pat came flying around the corner right as they were boarding the final zone of our seating (we left at different times to get to the airport) - it was kind of a close call and he has been known to miss a flight or two..........
:)

1 comment:

  1. So the Space Needle pictures made me feel like I couldn't breathe just looking at them...ohhh how I love high places !

    ReplyDelete