2.11.2010

persistent

This dog is persistent...
Multiple times a day, she will grab:
pillows off the bed
pillows off the couch
blanket off the couch
clothes off the dresser
gloves
hats
jackets
shoes
clothes from the laundry hamper
and...
the blanket off the bed
These "treasures", we shall call them, are delivered directly to Pat and I allll day - though never destroyed. During dinner tonight, it got quiet then we could hear a collar jingling and a dog trotting in. We always know she's coming to us with some sort of prize. Tonight, once again, it was this huge blanket. I honestly have NO idea how to make her stop! We close the bedroom door (accidently was left open during dinner) but she still takes things from the couch. She does it for attention, so i've tried to ignore her when she does it...ugghh. No progress. I think it all started here.

Recognize anything different?
Well, it used to look like this.
Then this.
And now, the rug is in the dumpster.
It was a complete disaster and we were constantly sweeping pieces of rug up off the floor.
I am a little nervous as to what gets destroyed next. Small area rug is a lot cheaper than wooden furniture and baseboards...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mel! Unfortunately the chewing lasts quite a while and the carrying of things never stops! Goldens are very oral fixated and like things in their mouths when they are happy. Mine has to find something, anything to put in her mouth anytime she greets us, we pet her, feed her, etc. Her favorite is rocks or tree limbs, yes entire, 5 foot long tree limbs! Hope you are well. I check out your blog often, but I'm a terrible commentor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOTTA LOVE HER :) DO YOU EVER WONDER WHAT YA'LL'S CHILDREN WILL BE LIKE ;)
    LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nicole! glad to hear from you!!! yeah, i have come to the conclusion this is a life long not-so-adorable personality trait!! hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete