This past weekend Patrick's car was broken into....again. I was walking Elle and passed this nice shiny Mercedes with a cracked window, then realized they had an empty Coach shopping bag in the back seat. So I call Pat to tell him what I had just passed - feeling sorry for whoever just lost a $300+ dollar purse. He was on his way to a Cardiology conference that morning, and while talking to me realized HIS car was broken into TOO! Punks. Now the explorer is getting it's second fix up. The joys of living in the city...
I am very excited to tell you that I got to work in a tent, on the 2nd floor of the parking garage at the #5 ranked Children's Hospital of St. Louis. Yes. That's right...a tent. They put up these 2 tents with cots (I am imagining that these are comparable to military style set ups...) in the parking garage. Seriously!? I mean, when someone told me this I laughed. I thought it was a joke. No, no. And not only is it for real, I had to spend 4 hours in the dang thing. The air circulation kept making me think of a Port-a-potty. Weird, I know. They are in place to help move patients (pretty much it's all of the people freakin out about the swine flu...fever, cough, etc) and with that said - I am now sick. Kinda feel like my face got punched - which is my fault because I have refused to take any medicine. Stubborn me. Pat is taking good care of me though - and this morning he was sneezing. Oops. Think I may have shared my sickness with him!
It has been raining and cold here for DAAAAAAYS. It feels like weeks, especially because I have a 5 month old, out of control, full of energy dog. The other day I was in the bedroom and I thought I would give Elle some freedom (just so you know, that dog is always by my side because I don't trust what she's doing when I am not watching her). She didn't follow me in there, so I let her roam around for a bit. Then I realized how quiet it was. I go looking for her and find this...
So yes, Retrievers are water dogs. This darling animal dumped her ENTIRE water bowl over...all over the hall and kitchen. I found her like this, with wet paw prints all around her. She knew what she had done. Now we have seen a new trend - she puts her paws in there, splashes around, sticks her nose in the bowl - you can hear her blowing bubbles in there. What an angel.
I really like fall. I mean, not so much the weather...but the trees, and decorations and food! I had a brilliant idea (which is always a bad way to start). I wanted to make caramel apples. Apparently if you cook the caramel too long it turns into the consistency of candy apples. These suckers were hard as a rock. Once you tried to chew it you almost lost teeth. That is why they are in the trash. Pat is such a good sport though. He tried to make me feel better about my failure to make caramel apples by microwaving them, trying to melt the caramel. Then they were steamy hot, and I could just picture the caramel sticking to the roof of his mouth...so I threw them out.
The Comb Over/Forward. Patrick gave Sophie a new look. He brushed all of her hair forward. I laughed so hard. Poor Mophie
My mom and dad are on there way to St Louie right now! I am so excited. Elle is getting spayed today - poor baby. I took her to the vet bright and early this morning, she was very excited to meet new people and new dogs. I handed her over to the Vet Tech and she just looked at me, wagged her tail and trotted off to the back with the girl. She has no idea what's coming. Call me crazy, but I took her t-shirt that I put in her kennel when she was a baby with her so when she woke up she would have something to make her happy. Mom and Dad will be babysitting while Pat and I go to a Notre Dame game this weekend. I told him I would go on one condition...I needed some warm ND attire. We will see what I get today - he said it is supposed to arrive this afternoon!! Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment