10.18.2009

NOTRE DAME

We left the sickly pup behind in St. Louis with her Grandparents and made it to South Bend late Friday night. This is Elle on Thursday with her Granddad, she had a rough go. Good thing we got her some liquid Reglan. I poured it down her throat and no more puking. We now have 2 yellow/greenish stains on "Elle's Carpet" (that's what Pat calls my Pottery Barn investment, because she has destroyed the thing). Lovely.
We visited Touchdown Jesus
We may have lost, but the game was close and entertaining. I do have to say...I have given in and finally told Pat that I will be a Notre Dame fan (though my love for Auburn is still stronger, of course).  
#1- he bought me a super comfy and warm "Irish" sweatshirt (that was the deal - I would go to the game if I had something ND and warm)
#2 - the campus is pretty
#3 - above all, I came to the realization that ND fans are true fans, they are not obnoxious, they are classy and traditional. This attitude is hard to come by when you're surrounded by good ol' SEC fans...I'm just sayin.


So...the hotel.
I don't have any words. Only pictures. I mean, I don't really even need to use words.
This was on one of the twin/double beds when we walked through the door. Cricket with amputated legs? Not exactly sure what type of bug. BUT, a bug nonetheless. On the bed. Mangled.
The night before when we arrived at this classy establishment (with a bar in the lobby AND a mechanical bull) Pat was pissed. He was like "I need to go get our money back. This is awful. I feel like throwing things." The next morning we realized we had 1 shampoo bottle. No conditioner. Not a single bar of soap. This morning we had 2 bottles of shampoo. No conditioner. And a bar of soap. After showering I walked into the bedroom and there were shampoo bottles under the curtain across the room against the wall. I asked what happened. Pat laughed and said "I threw them!" That will show these people... 

We concluded that this was the worst hotel either of us have ever stayed in. 
PS. People of Walmart in Michigan definitely out-do backwoods Alabama. I was very impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment