We have had a busy month. We LOVE visitors -- friends, family. We do NOT love visits from a what seemed to be a never ending GI virus. Thankfully we are finally on the mend in the Broderick house. We started the past month with a visit from Auntie Courtney, after she left the GI bug came and stayed for a couple of weeks, clearing up just in time for father's day and a visit from Callie later this week!
This picture is a 'before church' shot
I'm proud to say I made and smocked Emma Kate's dress!
Courtney's visit - playing in the park, a "night on the town" (if you could even call it that), eating froyo, smoking meat - which Courtney and I did all by ourselves...with a little over the phone help, and maybe Pat had it mostly set up and ready for us before he left for work...but still...
Getting some baby cuddles before she had to go!
This is an old, and random picture -- but I just love how proud he is that he made this medicine tower! Two medical professionals letting their child play with medicine???? It was supervised...no need to worry.
Our unwanted visitor...
Happy and playing one second
down for the count the next
It even got Patrick!
All of the sick kids taking box rides around the house
Mom B came by to cheer us up with beautiful flowers, delicious Diet Dr Pepper, and some groceries! And then we passed the illness back to her :(
On a happier note, the Ingram family has a few visitors from our house here in Savannah. Newton and his "new friend" Penelope went to vacation in Birmingham. My sister made and sent Newton to visit us in St Louis several years ago. During the Great GI Illness of 2013 - when I almost lost my mind amidst all of the laundry and crying - I made Penelope...isn't she lovely?
Everyone was in good spirits for Father's Day weekend. I'm so glad we could all celebrate our wonderful fathers instead of being quarantined in our house.
Hopefully we will all stay well - have to rest up for a visit from Callie and next the Ingram's!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment