We have a new nephew!!
Baby Fischer was born on January 31st!!
Now, would you think a girl who has babies that are a year and 5 days apart (or 371 days apart...it was a leap year) would get baby fever??
Well....you're wrong! There is just something about a brand new baby -- the smell, their little movements, ugh...I just can't help myself!! When Pat and I were visiting Fischer, Auntie Adele, and JJ at the hospital I was holding the baby saying, "But he just smells so good!" and then Pat said "and then they smell like spit up..." and then I said "but he is so sweet and tiny" and Patrick said "then they grow up to be like Hudson..." all very valid points.
So don't you worry...the 3rd child in this family is pictured below:
My meyer lemon tree.
I bought him last year. Then he became infested with white flies end of summer/beginning of fall last year. Apparently they leave sticky stuff on the leaves, then mold grows - blocking the sunlight from the tree. The silly tree only cost $30ish dollars. I was just going to let him go...
until I saw THIS:
How could you just let him die off? He was trying so hard to stay alive, little buds showing up and everything!! So I took my leaves to the local nursery - got the run down on how to try to save his life - and then stood outside scraping each stinkin' leaf with my fingers - removing allll of the mold.
After a few sprays of some solution they gave me, I said a little prayer for my tree and am hopeful that this year I will see some lemons :)
Happy (late) Mardi Gras!!!
Oh sophie mophie...
And here is our little tumbleweed :)
Her room is coming together!! One room down, one more to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment