I was looking through a photo album I made that had pictures from Pat and my first trip to St. Louis - the zoo, the arch, the brewery, forest park....and here we are 3 years later - fellowship is complete!
It's amazing how quickly time goes by. I remember wishing those 3 years away when I first left friends and family in Birmingham. Then we started the countdown of the last months and weeks in STL and I was wishing for time to stop!
We made so many wonderful friends and memories during Patrick's Fellowship. The last days were spent partying, saying 'see ya later' and doing some of our favorite St. Louis things.
goodbye at SLCH ER
Goodbye at Craig's - complete with a Dora pinata and amazing dress up stuff
Goodbye and 'you survived fellowship' at Dr. Johnson's house
as Seth (right) put it:
the Puerto Rican, Irish Whitey, and Texan Jew
butterscotch pudding at Atlas - just a short walk down the street from our condo - delicious
And then the movers came - just like that our house was all boxed up, loaded onto a truck and our time in our perfect little home was over!! Bittersweet is the only word that comes to mind!
Sanmit was so kind as to bring coffee and bagels on the morning of the move after being on call all night - we made such amazing friends!
Empty house!!
I think this face summed up how I felt pulling out of our parking lot - only a few tears were shed :)
Off we went!! With a late start -- 4:00 pm -- and an 8 hour drive ahead of us to get to Birmingham
Eye spy...... a sophie mophie!
Alabama!!! Always nice to see the sign and know you're getting close!
Patrick kept saying "hope you don't have the baby in Bowling Green Kentucky!!!" Well - we made it all the way, baby-less. Phew! You better believe the MD and the RN did have a full copy of my OB medical records handy....you just never know :)
No comments:
Post a Comment