2.17.2011

Happy Birthday Patrick!

Happy Birthday Patrick!!
Sunday we celebrated Pat's 32nd Birthday with pizza, beer and some of our favorite people here in STL.  I didn't take any pictures while we had friends over but we had a full house and a really good time.



I ordered him a cookie cake with a soccer ball - and still wish I would've gotten the one with a dinosaur that said "hope you're birthday is dino-mite!"...maybe next year.
What I will be doing next year and every.single.year. after - is a cake full of candles for each year Patrick has been alive, plus one to grow on.
You see, we were shopping and I was getting a few birthday party items, including some candles. I wanted to get 32 + 1 to grow on. Pat said "that's ridiculous...blah blah blah...wax dripping everywhere...hard to light them all...blah blah blah" So guess what I did!? I got 32+1 candles juuusst for him. And told him because he made a big deal about how silly the idea was that I will now do it for him fooooorreeevvvveerrrr. What a sweet wifey :)

What neither of us realized was they were trick candles. So maybe 33 candles that continue to burn and spark aren't the best idea for a small condo or a smoke detector. Before we set it off I ran the cake back into the kitchen and we threw the candles into the sink...  hence the fact we do not have a lovely picture of the fire ball cake or Pat blowing out his candles :(



Everyone enjoyed the cake - as you can see - and look who enjoyed it 2 days later!!!








Yes. Eloise did. I was showering, the cake box was full of icing (no actual cake) and some left over sea salt caramels that I had made Patrick for Valentine's day. I had set it on top of the trash can to take out. And she found it! 
I heard rustling and peeked around the corner. She immediately dropped the box she was dragging into the den for some more snacking. Her facial expression said it all - she was caught and in trouble. I told her to 'stay' and ran and grabbed the camera. Then found a green icing trail, put the box away, cleaned up and went back to getting ready. Then rrrrrip, rrrippp. !?!?!  In the sunroom, I found the rest of the treasures! Empty aluminum foil, that was once full of caramel and the rest of the cake box!

Needless to say, Eloise woke us up (well really Pat) at 1:30 AM to 'go potty'.........
lesson learned??? we sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment